The Health Check - Am I healthy for sports?
We hope that you start and finish your race healthy. Therefore, please check with your doctor. This can help to eliminate the risks of you falling ill during sporting activities. Important components of the health check are the exercise ECG and an examination by an internist and an orthopedic specialist. This examination should be done once a year, especially, when your are over 40.
What should be done in such an examination?
- anamnesis, including traing anamnesis (an anamnesis is your medical hhistory, in this case also your athletic history)
- general medical / internistic examination (so called "whole-body-status")
- Orthopedic examination
- pulmonary function analisys
- Urine status
- Bloodpressure analysis while resting
- Bloodpressure analysis after exercise
- Resting ECG
- Exercise ECG
- Sports medicine counseling and recommendations
Present indications may make one or more of the following examinations necessary:
- Echocardiography (ultrasound examination of the heart)
- Other imaging methods (i.e. x-ray, CT, MRT)